Like all other match-3 games, in Bejeweled 3, the longer line you get, the more points you will earn from their explosion. You can always set up for a chain reaction, which has explosions that occur one following another.
The time in this game is also limited, which means that the higher scores player is the one that plays much quicker. You can always press the hint button whenever you get stuck, however, you will lose scores from doing this action.
A line of gems will explode no matter it is a horizontal or vertical line. The gap formed after the gems are broken will be filled with the gems fallen from above.
Try to get as many combos as you can. It does not only require players to be quick, but also requires them to plan ahead. There are many special tiles that when you break, there will be a special effect that come with it.
- Vertical exploding: will destroy all gems in a column
- Horizontal exploding: will destroy all gems in a row
- The same type exploding: will destroy all gems of the same type.
The controlling mechanism of Bejeweled 3 is also extremely simple, you only need to click on the two gems that you would like to swap with the other. It will be swap back to the previous position.
Tips and tricks:
- Use the hint button only when you need it, or you will waste it
- Match vertical lines at the bottom of the board will give you extra points.